- Pay attention to the weather, especially in the spring.
- Use reliable sources of weather information: The local television stations, AM/FM radio, the Internet and NOAA Weather Radio.
- Get as far inside a Strong building as you can.
- Put as many walls between you and the outside as possible.
- Stay away from doors and windows.
- Get as low as possible to avoid flying debris.
- Go to the lowest floor possible. Underground is the best spot to be.
- Use whatever you can find- pillows, mattresses, blankets - to protect yourself from flying and falling debris.